You’ve finally cleaned your entire house – bedrooms, bathrooms, the kitchen, living room. You’ve even organized your cupboards, drawers and cabinets and you’ve also de-cluttered a bit, wherever and whenever possible.
Your biggest achievement, however, is that you have gotten into the habit of using a daily and weekly cleaning routine to maintain the cleanliness in your house.
And, by now you are exhausted! … but hang on for just a little bit longer, because you’re almost done!
Day 30: Giveaway, Restock, Bulk Laundry
Today you will be finishing up with your house cleaning. After all the cleaning and organizing and de-cluttering, all that remains to be done is actually giving away stuff that you’ve put aside, Restocking bulk items and maybe some bulk laundry – curtains, linen, upholstery etc.
So, whatever you do, don’t get overwhelmed and work at your own pace. It doesn’t matter if you take a bit longer to complete the challenge.
Do whatever works for you – skip certain tasks, add others. But, just clean something!
Today’s Cleaning Plan
Daily Cleaning Tasks: By now your daily cleaning tasks should be happening as a matter of habit. Keep it up and don’t fall back!
Weekly Cleaning Tasks: Surface clean the Bathroom and spend some extra time deep cleaning in the bathroom
Monthly Deep Cleaning tasks
- Bulk Laundry: Finish up with any bulk laundry that you haven’t managed to do so far. Start with any upholstery first – if you have the slip on and off types. Make sure to check the label and follow any special instructions and care. If needed, get a professional to do the job. Plan on a
- Giveaway: Giveaway any scrap, newspapers, magazines and any other items that you put aside during the challenge. Sort the items and plan on when and how you are going to dispose off these items. Do the same for items that you intend to sell.
- Restock: Compile lists of all the items that you need to stock up on in bulk, and categorize them – pantry items, stationery supplies, gardening supplies, craft supplies etc. Then make a plan to restock these items – decide when and from where you will get these items.
Tips to remember during the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge
- Before you begin, gather all the necessary tools and keep them ready. You could get yourself a cleaning caddy or just use a basket or box.
- Decide on a specific amount of time that you can/will spend cleaning and set a timer. Work as quickly as you can within this time and don’t get distracted. (Except if it’s an emergency of some kind!)
- Start cleaning from the top of the room and work your way down. This will prevent dust falling on surfaces that you have already cleaned.
- Work from one side of the room to the other side, in a systematic matter, so that you don’t miss any spots.
- When the timer goes off, stop working! You can catch up with what you have missed during your next cleaning session.
- Use checklists to track your progress and to ensure that you don’t miss out anything. Checklists are especially useful in instances where you cannot complete a task and need to reschedule it.
If you’ve accidentally stumbled upon this page but haven’t yet signed up for my 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge, I invite you to sign up below get the daily emails for FREE and be a part of the fun.
(In addition to challenge details, the emails contain useful cleaning hacks, motivational quotes and other fun stuff that aren’t in the posts)