Day 27: Deep Clean the Extra-Room Storage Units (contd.)
Today you will finish deep cleaning the extra-room – if you haven’t already.
Start where you left off last week and deep clean whatever you couldn’t complete on Day 20. If you don’t have too many storage units in your extra room, you’ve probably finished with this task last week itself. If so, you can use today as an opportunity to catch up with any previous tasks that you missed.
So, whatever you do, don’t get overwhelmed and work at your own pace. It doesn’t matter if you take a bit longer to complete the challenge.
Do whatever works for you – skip certain tasks, add others. But, just clean something!
Today’s Cleaning Plan
Daily Cleaning Tasks: Keep that daily routine going and use a checklist to stay on track!!
Weekly Cleaning Tasks: Surface clean the Extra Room and spend some extra time deep cleaning
Monthly Deep Cleaning tasks
- Deep Clean the Extra-Room Storage Units in the same way as you did last week, on Day 20.
Tips to remember during the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge
- Before you begin, gather all the necessary tools and keep them ready. You could get yourself a cleaning caddy or just use a basket or box.
- Decide on a specific amount of time that you can/will spend cleaning and set a timer. Work as quickly as you can within this time and don’t get distracted. (Except if it’s an emergency of some kind!)
- Start cleaning from the top of the room and work your way down. This will prevent dust falling on surfaces that you have already cleaned.
- Work from one side of the room to the other side, in a systematic matter, so that you don’t miss any spots.
- When the timer goes off, stop working! You can catch up with what you have missed during your next cleaning session.
- Use checklists to track your progress and to ensure that you don’t miss out anything. Checklists are especially useful in instances where you cannot complete a task and need to reschedule it.
If you’ve accidentally stumbled upon this page but haven’t yet signed up for my 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge, I invite you to sign up below get the daily emails for FREE and be a part of the fun.
(In addition to challenge details, the emails contain useful cleaning hacks, motivational quotes and other fun stuff that aren’t in the posts)